With NHL Free Agency slated to begin in a week from today, here's a look at where I believe the top 30 free agents will land this offseason:
1. Paul Stastny- Colorado Avalanche
Analysis_:_ Both sides appear very keen on a deal, Stastny is willing to take a hometown discount. Both sides will get it done.
2. Thomas Vanek- Minnesota Wild
Analysis_: _Vanek played college hockey there, his family is there, former teammate Jason Pominville too. Perfect match.
3. _Marian Gaborik- _Los Angeles Kings
Analysis: Gaborik went on a tear in the playoffs with LA, and both sides are reportedly working on a deal. He's staying.
_4. _Ryan Callahan- Nashville Predators
Analysis: The Preds usually don't spend much, but they do need offense badly. And Callahan can play "d" in their system.
5. _Matt Niskanen- _Tampa Bay Lightning
Analysis_:_The Lightning need to upgrade their defense bad. They'll take a chance on Niskanen, who had a breakout season.
6. _Ryan Miller- _New York Islanders
Analysis: Miller's 34 years old and is past his prime. The Isles need a goalie and will desperately take him.
7. Brad Richards- Ottawa Senators
Analysis: Once they trade Spezza, they'll have a void at first-line center. Richards shouldn't be too expensive, either.
8. Matt Moulson- Columbus Blue Jackets
Analysis: The Jackets can play defense, but the offense is lacking. Moulson makes perfect sense as a 30-goal scorer.
9. Jarome Iginla- Boston Bruins
Analysis: Reports claiming it'll be tough to bring him back because of cap space, but GM Chiarelli will work magic here and find a one-year deal to keep Iginla.
10. Mike Cammalleri- New Jersey Devils
Analysis: The Devils really need offense, Cammalleri is consistently a 20-plus goal scorer. He's an excellent fit.
11. Dave Bolland- Washington Capitals
Analysis: His two-way style of play can make up for Alex Ovechkin's defensive irresponsibility.
12. Radim Vrbata- Vancouver Canucks
Analysis: The Canucks will definitely make one splash, they need a scoring winger on the second line.
13. Mikhail Grabovski- Dallas Stars
Analysis: The Stars would love to add another scorer to complement Tyler Seguin and Jamie Benn.
14. Dan Boyle- Detroit Red Wings
Analysis: The Wings really need a right-handed defenseman, and they love bringing in past-their-prime veterans.
15. Brooks Orpik- Edmonton Oilers
Analysis: The Oilers lack stay-at-home defensemen like Orpik, who's physicality would help that terrible defense.
16. Milan Michalek- Ottawa Senators
Analysis: The Sens need to bring back Michalek, who's second half surge kept them in the playoff hunt.
17. Jonas Hiller- Vancouver Canucks
Analysis: The Canucks need another goalie, and Hiller's stock has fallen, but the Canucks will happily take him.
18. Anton Stralman- Carolina Hurricanes
Analysis: The Hurricanes will try to add to their defense, and Stralman is a good fit.
19. Ales Hemsky- New Jersey Devils
Analysis: Hemsky's skill and talent will give the Devils another much-needed scorer.
20. Jussi Jokinen- Montreal Canadiens
Analysis: The Habs need Vanek's scoring to be replaced, and Jokinen can score 20 goals to help out.
21. Steve Ott- New York Rangers
Analysis: After being roughed up by LA in the finals, they need another gritty forward.
22. Nikolai Kulemin- Phoenix Coyotes
Analysis: The Coyotes need more scoring depth
23. Mason Raymond- Phoenix Coyotes
Analysis: Kulemin and Raymond would give the Coyotes more speed and top six forwards they really need.
24. Benoit Pouliot- Calgary Flames
Analysis: Another small signing by the Flames, who could use his talent
25. Mike Santorelli- Vancouver Canucks
Analysis: The only nice story of the Canucks last season, Santorelli found a good role with the team, they'll be sure t o bring him back.